Amp Up Your Yard Photo Contest
Are you planning or have you built a Townsend Lumber/Bass Lake Sawmill Pergola or Party Pavilion DIY kit this year?
If so, it could win you $1,000 CASH!
If you have built one of our pergola or party pavilion kits this year or plan to build one this summer using Townsend Lumber sustainably-sourced hardwood lumber and Simpson Strong Tie Outdoor Accents® Decorative Hardware, we want to see your pictures and you can enter for a chance to win great prizes!
- GRAND PRIZE: $1,000 CASH
- RUNNER-UP: $250 gift certificate
Please note: Photos must be in jpeg file format and of a pavilion or pergola purchased from Townsend Lumber and/or Bass Lake Sawmill during 2022 with the majority of the products used in its construction to have been purchased from Townsend Lumber and/or Bass Lake Sawmill. Pergola or pavilion must be on entrant’s property and purchased by the entrant.
How to Enter (Please Read):
- Take at least 3 photos that clearly show your pergola or pavilion project. (“Before/After” and “In Progress” photos are accepted as long as at least one photo is of the finished project.)
- Change the file name of your photo to include the project, your last name and the retail outlet (Townsend Lumber or Bass Lake Sawmill) where the materials were purchased. Examples: pergola_LASTNAME_BassLakeSawmill.jpg or pavilion_LASTNAME_TownsendLumber.jpg.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, address, phone # and/or email address, and a brief description of your pergola/pavilion project, including wood species used, dimensions, whether it was a DIY project or a contractor was hired, and any stains/paints used.
Each entry will be judged on the following criteria:
- Originality (Followed the basic building plan or customized?)
- Creativity (Any extra flourishes added to personalize it?)
- Overall size of the project
- Presentation (Is it furnished and/or decorated?)
This contest will run through September 30, 2022, and after consideration by the judges, winners will be announced October 14, 2022.
Need inspiration? View the gallery of last year’s entries on our DIY Building Kits page.
Official contest rules here