Townsend Lumber is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating persons with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “AODA”) and its Regulations.
Questions and Further Assistance
If you have further questions regarding our website accessibility or are incurring any issues while accessing our content, please contact us:
Address: 1300 Jackson Sideroad, RR#2 Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada, N4G4G7
You are also welcome to submit program feedback through the form below.
Townsend Lumber has prepared the documentation required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) for Customer Service, and will provide copies upon request.
Townsend Lumber and Breeze Dried Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
As part of Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried commitment to accessibility, this multi-year Accessibility Plan has been developed outlining the company’s strategy and the actions that have, and will be, implemented to prevent and remove barriers from its workplace, and to improve opportunities for persons with disabilities. This multi-year Accessibility Plan outlines the steps Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried is taking to meet its requirements under the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and focuses on Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried initiatives in respect of the AODA’s Accessibility Standards in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians.
Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried complied with the AODA’s Customer Service Standard with the following initiatives that were implemented as of April 10, 2014, and are ongoing:
- An accessibility policy was put in place so Townsend Lumber’/Breeze Dried employees, volunteers and customers can know what to expect.
- Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried staff and volunteers are trained to serve customers of all abilities.
- A written record of accessibility training provided by Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried is maintained.
- Service animals and support persons are welcomed on all Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried premises.
- Accessible ways for people to provide feedback on how Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried provides goods and services to people with disabilities was made available.
Information and Communications
Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried currently provides accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities upon request. Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried provides notice to the public of this availability and consults with the person making such a request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
As well, it is currently a Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried web development requirement that all new Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried web content be built to meet the World Wide Web Consortium Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 standard. Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried is committed to ensuring all Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried internet websites and web content conform with Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 by June 30, 2021 as required by the AODA’s Information and Communications Standard.
Policies and Training
Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried has and will continue to implement policies and initiatives in accordance with the AODA by taking the following steps:
- Implementing policies outlining Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried commitment to accessibility. (Implemented as of April 10, 2014)
- Providing training to Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried employees and volunteers on accessibility and human rights legislation, as it pertains to people with disabilities. (Implemented as of January 1, 2012, and ongoing as new employees/volunteers join the company)
This plan will be reviewed once every five years.
In accordance with the AODA’s Employment Standards, Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried implemented the following initiatives prior to January 1, 2016:
- Ensure Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried employment processes for hiring, retention and career development are accessible.
- Document Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried processes for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work plans.
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability where Townsend Lumber/Breeze Dried is aware of the need for accommodation.
Accessibility Plan Review
This multi-year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years. The current Accessibility Plan will be reviewed, and updated as appropriate, no later than January 1, 2029.
The Purpose of this Feedback Form is to assist Townsend Lumber Inc. / Breeze Dried Inc. with ensuring compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). It is the intent of the Company to ensure that persons with disabilities are given equal access to the goods and services we provide. This being said, we welcome any/all feedback from our customers on how we can better achieve these goals.
If you would like to provide some feedback, please outline your concerns / suggestions in the form provided below. Alternately, you are this form can be returned to Lumber Inc. / Breeze Dried Inc.via:
In-person: 1300 Jackson Side Road, RR#2 Tillsonburg, ON N4G 4G7
By mail: 1300 Jackson Side Road, RR#2 Tillsonburg, ON N4G 4G7
By fax: 519-842-6122
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote AODA Feedback in the Subject Line