Townsend Lumber offers kiln dried grade lumber in all of the Carolinian forest hardwood lumber species. We source all of our timber from local woodlots in Southwestern Ontario, primarily from private landowners. The logs are sawn into high quality lumber using modern technology along with knowledgeable staff, ensuring each log is analyzed and cut for its best use.
On-Site Kiln Drying
Townsend lumber houses 12 dry kilns and one steam kiln on-site. After being kiln dried, Townsend’s grade lumber is re-graded and scanned using the first Vision Tally system implemented in Canada. With experience in overseas packaging and shipping, Townsend Lumber has exported product to locations in the UK, Vietnam, China and India.
The Townsend Touch
What began as a family business over 60 years ago under Robert Townsend and Bert Abbott, Townsend Lumber has amassed a wealth of industry knowledge and experience. Rooted in our success is a commitment to quality and respect for the natural environment that continues to assure domestic and international customers alike.
Setting the Standard for Canadian Grade Lumber
- Our experienced NHLA certified lumber graders check and re-check lumber when it’s green and again after it’s kiln dried
- Itemized tallies and images can be provided per bundle using our Vision Tally system
- Customers can request Townsend to sort for species, colour, length, and width
- Computerized dry and steam kilns for precise measurements ensure the highest quality every time
- Indoor storage for all kiln-dried material to maintain a consistent moisture content
- Lumber waxing and painting available on-site
Our Lumber Species
Types of Lumber Dryness Available
Sustainable Forest Management helps our local forests remain healthy and productive, and supports a strong forest industry to provide people with jobs and forest products.