Industrial Lumber by Townsend Lumber mills
Townsend Lumber is Southwestern Ontario’s largest hardwood sawmill operation that harvests, saws and processes the most tree varieties of any Canadian lumber company in the region. Since we purchase the widest selection of standing timber from land owners, and not just the premium species, we’ve become a trusted producer of industrial wood products.
Townsend Lumber’s main site has an impressive 170-acre facility that processes hardwood logs to produce high quality grade lumber, industrial timbers and white pine timbers up to 32’ long.
Heat Treated Industrial Lumber
Our heat treatment facility is equipped with 12 dry kilns and one steam kiln on-site, making Townsend Lumber capable of treating a variety of precut timber, export timbers and finished packaging.
Townsend Industrial Lumber – Direct from the Sawmill
Townsend Lumber offers a large selection of industrial products that are completely customizable to suit the unique needs of our clients. The list below provides a glimpse of the types of products we prepare for order:
- Timber frames & cabin timbers
- Railway ties & bridge timbers
- Construction lagging & shoring lumber
- Mine lumber & dunnage
- Pre-cut pallet & packaging components
- Export packaging timbers & dunnage
- Railcar decking & drilled panels
- Truck trailer decking- S4S or rough
- Ship-lap decking & planking
- Horse fencing, T&G stall boards
- Marine shipping dunnage & blocking
- Board road lumber
- Wedges & chock blocks
- Pallet cants & rough boards
- Hexagonal Timbers
- S4S timbers in white pine, white oak, douglas fir
- Timbers up to 40’ length