Responsibly Sourced Industrial Lumber
Townsend Lumber is Southwestern Ontario’s largest hardwood sawmill operation that harvests, saws and processes the most tree varieties of any Canadian lumber company in the region. Since we purchase the widest selection of standing timber from land owners, and not just the premium species, we’ve remained a trusted source for industrial lumber.
Townsend Lumber’s main site has an impressive 170-acre facility that processes hardwood logs to produce high quality grade lumber, industrial timbers and white pine timbers up to 32’ long. We source all of our timber from local, private woodlots found in a ≈250km radius from Tillsonburg, Ontario, for a 100% Canadian hardwood product.
Heat Treated Industrial Lumber
Our heat treatment facility is equipped with 12 dry kilns and one steam kiln on-site, making Townsend Lumber capable of treating a variety of precut timber, export timbers and finished packaging.
Townsend Industrial Lumber – Direct from the Sawmill
Townsend Lumber offers a large selection of industrial products that are completely customizable to suit the unique needs of our clients. The list below provides a glimpse of the types of products we prepare for order:
- Timber frames & cabin timbers
- Railway ties & bridge timbers
- Construction lagging & shoring lumber
- Mine lumber & dunnage
- Pre-cut pallet & packaging components
- Export packaging timbers & dunnage
- Pipe, steel coil & tank cradles
- Railcar decking & drilled panels
- Ship-lap decking & planking
- Horse fencing, T&G stall boards
- Marine shipping dunnage & blocking
- Board road lumber
- Crane / swamp / tundra mats
- Wedges & chock blocks
- Pallet cants & rough boards
- Hexagonal Timbers