COVID 19 Update:
Moving forward to protect our Employees, Customers and Business Operations
Townsend Lumber is an essential business for the Ontario economy.
We are still open and operating, and buying standing timber & logs, selling landscape & agriculture products, and have wood products for construction and projects available to purchase over the phone or email, with contact-free pick up and delivery available.
At this time, our staffing level has been minimally affected, raw materials are being delivered and finished goods are being shipped. We will notify customers promptly if circumstances change.
As the economic environment around COVID-19 continues to evolve, Townsend Lumber continues to stay committed to doing our part to help flatten the curve while staying focused on providing essential products, protecting our employees, customers and the continuation of our business operations.
Townsend Lumber produces essential products under the following Province of Ontario “essential business” categories:
Agriculture and food production:
Businesses that support the food or agricultural products supply chains and the health and safety of food, animals and plants.
Resources and energy:
Businesses that provide and ensure the domestic and global continuity of supply of resources, including mining, forestry, aggregates, petroleum, petroleum by-products and chemicals.
Businesses that extract, manufacture, process and distribute goods, products, equipment and materials, including businesses that manufacture inputs to other manufacturers, (e.g. primary metal/ steel, blow molding, component manufacturers, chemicals, etc. that feed the end-product manufacturer), regardless of whether those other manufacturers are inside or outside of Ontario, together with businesses that support and facilitate the movement of goods within integrated North American and global supply chains.
Townsend Lumber will continue with its operations maintaining our customer first approach while ensuring the safety and health of our number one asset, our employees, is also protected.
In light of this, we have implemented a contingency plan consisting of operating procedures that will allow us to continue to ensure that we provide you the products and services that you need with minimal disruptions. Please find below the changes in day to day operations being implemented effective immediately:
- The doors at our retail stores and offices will be locked to the general public
- Orders can be placed over the phone or by email, please see our website for the correct department’s contact information
- Please make arrangements in advance, if you will be coming on-site
- Payments will be handled either prior to pick-up/delivery, or at the time of pick-up over the phone
- Preferred payment methods are: on account, e-transfer or credit card
- For orders being picked up, we ask that you call from the parking lot once you have arrived, and a member of our team will ensure your order is accessible. Please do not attempt to enter the building
We appreciate your business and will do our best to can meet your needs. We thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.