Townsend Lumber Inc.
We’re currently hiring an Inside Sales Representative for our Retail Store.
What Townsend Lumber has to Offer:
Here at Townsend Lumber, our sales team is valued as a critical asset to our success. We recognize hard work and reward you for it. If this sounds like the company for you, get in touch with us.
- An extensive line of industry leading products and service to support your sales efforts.
- Health & Dental Benefits package.
- RRSP Matching Program
- For the right individual who consistently demonstrates capability, reliability and who works well in a team environment, this position could lead to advancement within this division.
- Provide customer assistance with determining wood products needed for their project. Help calculate how much of each product is needed, and prepare sales quotes and time lines.
- Provide recommendations to customers of product options best suited to meet their project specific needs.
- Prepare work orders for products, place orders from third parties.
- Provide excellent customer experience, with written and verbal communication.
- Explain product features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Maintain database of customers and general sales administration
- An independent person who thrives in an autonomous environment.
- A professional and driven sales associate with a dedication to quality service.
- 5 years sales experience, ideally with wood products and knowledge
- Prior experience in carpentry or construction would be an asset!
- Personable and professional demeanor.
- Exceptional communications skills (both written/verbal)
- An interest and motivation to build and maintain solid partnership relationships with customers
- Intermediate level computer skills, Excel and Microsoft Outlook required
- Energetic, outgoing and an enthusiastic sales professional with a passion for business development
- Self-motivated, ambitious and creative with a strong ability to work independently and efficiently manage the assigned responsibilities
- Goal oriented to be recognized as a top performer
- Strong time management and organizational skills
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a valid driver’s license and vehicle for periodic travel, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and will be aligned with the Company’s core values Accountability – Honesty – Respect – Team Work – Positive Attitude.
Interested candidates should reply directly to this post.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Townsend Lumber welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.